Thursday 7 February 2013

Sharing the Green Tara Love
By Di Garling


Hello everyone, thanks for stopping by the blog.
Today I have three layouts to show you.
First one is a self portrait of yours truely.
 The portrait  hasn't really printed
very crisp considering it was done by a photographer!!!
I think he perhaps used a soft lens to hide some of the wrinkles. ha ha.


Naturally I have used lots of Green Tara goodies including
 this "Paper String" which I have wound around to create my circle
. It's great stuff & since it is paper it manipulates really well as
 opposed to ordinary string. Holds its shape well
& comes in lots of great colours & is really cheap too.


I have also used various Green Tara flowers including this
mustard "Damask", a lemon "Azalea",
a black "Heirloom" flower, a black "Flower Spray",
which I have twisted & curled to make it look real, as
well as lots of black "Mini Flowers".
Then I added some copper "Maple Leaves".

I mixed in some vines I had previously dried out,
added some 2 Crafty chipboard, did a little stamping, inking &
distressing, & hey presto, all done.


"Those Eyes"

For this layout I have used this adorable photo
of my best friends Grandaughter. She really has such beautiful eyes,
don't you agree?  I have used so many beautiful Green Tara
products here.


Some of the flowers I have used include this beautiful 
blue "Wild Rose",  a pink "Damask", a white "Sakura",
both pink & blue "Heirloom" flowers as well as different
size "Roses & Rosebuds".


In this photo you can see I have also used some of Green Tara's
 beautiful white "Lace", pink "Bud N Bow" trim as well as
some blue "Mini Tassel Trim".
I love layering various lace, ribbons & trims, they look
so opulent together.
I have also used lots more 2 Crafty chipboard on this layout too.


Lastly in this photo you can see I have tied a bow from yet
 another beautiful Green Tara ribbon. This time I have used the
"Organza Rosebud " ribbon. This ribbon is just so gorgeous.
Tiny little rosebuds embroidered along it.
Definitely one of my favourites.


"Captured Memories"

This is one I did a little while back for a challenge over at
"Once Upon a Sketch".
It is  based on a sketch by the very talented Nadia Cannizzo.
Again a lovely soft pallette featuring, yes you guessed it,
lots of beautiful Green Tara goodness.


I love this beautiful lavender "Damask" flower, I actually used
two of them. In the top cluster I wanted to repeat this flower in a
smaller size, so I took the top layer off the flower to use & I
still have the other half to use on another layout. Very
economical I thought. You can also see here one of the
sweet little "Lace Pearl" flowers in pink & then topped
 it off with a white "Primula". I have also tucked in  some
green "Velvet Leaves". These are wired so I always twist
the ends to create tendrils & poke them a bit so they have a
more realistic look to them.


I have also scattered a few "Mini Flowers" in pink around the
page to add some colour here & there.
Lastly I have tied a bow with some lavender "Loop Trim" to
finish off.
Well thats all from me today, I hope I have inspired you a little,
to use some Green Tara goodies on your next project.

A full list of products used is listed below.

While you are here on the blog it would be lovely if you would be
 one of our FOLLOWERS.
 (Up on the top left sidebar)

Check us out on FACEBOOK too, it is updated with
something NEW every day.


Until next time
Cheers Di  xo

Green Tara Products Used

"Dream"
Damask 8cm Fabric and Organza Flower Mustard
CODE: XF9225Mu

5cm Azaleas CODE: FLA100
Heirloom 4cm Silk and Organza  Black CODE: XF9317BL

 1.5cm Flower Black CODE: FDVBL
3 Flower Sprays Black CODE: PFSTBL
 Maple Leaves Copper 4.5cm. CODE: LA7C
Paper String Light Brown
CODE: PSLB


"Those Eyes"
Wild Rose 6cm Silk and Organza Flower Pale Blue
CODE: XF9318PB

Damask 8cm Fabric and Organza Flower Pale Pink  CODE: XF9225PP
Sakura 5cm Silk and Pearl Flowers White 12 pcs CODE: XF9221Wh
Heirloom 4cm Silk and Organza  Grey Blue CODE: XF9317GB
Heirloom 4cm Silk and Organza  Pale Pink CODE: XF9317PP
Various sizes of Roses & Rosebuds
1.2cm White Lace CODE: L3054W
 Mini Tassel Ribbon 15mm Wedgewood Blue CODE: RB456WB
Bud n Bow 16mm, Pink CODE: RB6761P
 25mm Organza Rosebud  Pale Blue/Pink CODE: RB308PBP

  "Captured Memories"
Damask 8cm Fabric and Organza Flower Lavender CODE: XF9225Lav
Lace Pearl 3cm Lace Pearl Flowers 12 pcs Pale Pink CODE: XF9332PP
Primula 4.5cm Silk and Organza Flowers  White CODE: XF9325Wh
Velvet Leaves 3cm Green CODE: XL266GrP
 1.5cm Flower Dark Pink CODE: FDVP2
 7mm Loop Trim  Lavender CODE: RBDALav

12 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Di, as usual! Love the color schemes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, Di, wow!! Each of these are absolutley jam packed amazing!!! SO gorgeous, I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are beautiful Di, love all those yummy clusters :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally packed with lots of green tara goodies that you present so well, love the self portrait one fantastic colour choice and that photo looks like great, love all the purples and little gogs great work

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! WOW! WOWZERS! all t3 of these layouts are INCREDIBLE Di....All have GORGEOUS color combos.... Sooooo LOVIN the clusters & what u have done with the with the paper string in first layout FABBO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all just wonderful Di! I love what you have done with the paper twine on your first layout - very cool - and it's such a fabulous design. The pastel pinks and blues in the second layout are so eyecatching and I adore the mauve shades in the last one too! So much detail to look at and enjoy! Beautiful work Di.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful Di - love the colours and clusters

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG these are all so amazing...I can't pick which one I like the most! I just love all the colour combinations on all three layouts...but you know I have a soft spot for mauves and such a beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Di, your work always amazes me, but these are just exquisite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg Di these are all divine and full of magic .. but that first one OMG OMG !!!!! love love love that masterpiece x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Di, you have such talent for arranging gorgeous GT flowers into magnificent floral clusters. Love these layouts! xoxo

    ReplyDelete