Thursday 23 January 2014

Mixed Media January with Jelissa

Hello crafty friends, thank you for calling by the blog today.
 How has your 2014 been so far?
I have three mixed media projects to share with you, featuring
 some awesome Green Tara products.

"Dreams Canvas"



I borrowed a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt and what better to accompany a
 beautiful quote than some pretty Green Tara flowers?



Here are the amazing Heirlooms, cherry and apple blossoms,
 and of course my favourite mini-roses.



This is another cluster with the Tutu organza flowers,
and apple and cherry blossoms.



I topped off the mini-rose with a satin bow in dusky pink.

Green Tara products used:

  Tutu 5cm Organza and Pearl Flowers Ivory 
 Heirloom 4cm Silk and Organza  Green
 Heirloom 6.5cm Silk and Organza Flowers White 
 Red Apple Blossoms
White Apple Blossoms
Aubergine/White Apple Blossoms
Cherry Blossoms Cream
Cherry Blossoms Red/White
1 cm Roses Ivory
1.5cm Roses Orange


The second layout I have to share with you is part of my DT work for
 Once Upon a Sketch's January challenge. The theme is "Lesson Learnt"
 and what I've learned for 2013 is learning to let go.

"Letting Go"



I love how well the colors of the velvet rose matched the color palette I have chosen.

Some close ups:



What I did was to tear the velvet rose apart and use only the top two layers.
 For the cherry blossoms, I misted the edges and I also chalked the
 edges of the mini roses.



I did a bow with the polka dot organza ribbon and layered an
apple blossom and a mini-rose over it.

Green Tara products used:

38mm Polka Dot Organza Roll Pale Pink
Aubergine/White Apple Blossoms
Cherry Blossoms Cream
1 cm Roses Ivory
1 cm Roses Pale Pink


Now I've saved the best for last!

"Happy"


I've put together a start-to-finish mixed media tutorial just for you!
 It's my first of such a video and I'm so glad to be doing it with Green Tara.
 But before that, some close-ups:



What a gorgeous floral clusters the wild rose and cherry and apple blossoms make! 

Green Tara products used:

Blue Apple Blossoms
White Apple Blossoms
Cherry Blossoms White
 Wild Rose 7cm Silk and Organza Flower  Pale Blue

And here is the video of how I put this whole thing together:



Until next month.
Jelissa














6 comments:

  1. Wonderful wonderful post!!!! So much beauty! Your video is absolutely fantastic!!!! Tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING projects as always Jelissa & your video, WOW, ten out of ten. Thanks so much for sharing it here. Cheers Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post Jelissa - wonderful video as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jelissa you are amazing girl! I love all of these so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layouts and...
    Wow!! What a fun and amazing video!! I LOVE it sooooo much!!!
    You are genius Jelissa!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Jelissa!!! One think you had seen your best work last time and then you just keep doing one amazing page after the other!!! Letting Go is so amazing and makes me feel calm in heart and soul! And it´s so much fun watching your video! Love how much work you lay on all details! But that´s also what makes your work so special! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete