Friday 30 August 2013

Flowers, Washi Tape & Gelatos
Three Layouts to Share
By Di Garling


Hello there, thanks for calling by the blog.
Today I have three layouts to share with you,starting
off with this "self portrait". My hubby took these pics a few
weeks ago, it was my birthday & he was testing out his new camera.


On this layout I wanted to show you some of the fabulous
NEW Washi Tapes that Green Tara now has. They have so
many to choose from & there are so many fun ways to use them.

Here you can see I have added some Green Tara blooms to
the side of my photo, including this mustard "Damask",
as well as a "Lace Pearl" flower & also tucked in one of their
little black "Roses".


In this pic you can see in amongst my strips of Washi Tape I
have added a strip of Green Tara black "Cobweb  Mesh" to
add a little texture.




"Sweet Girl"


On this my second layout I have road tested my new set of
Gelatos & I have to say I love them. This background started
 its life as a piece of white cardstock. I went crazy with the Geleatos 
& stamping & hey presto, my background was created.
Because it is such a busy background I wanted to keep the
layout fairly simple.

I have started off by tucking lots of pieces of
different Green Tara "laces" in between the various
 layers of paper & then simply coloured over them.


In this pic the main accent on my layout is this stunning
purple "Polka Dot Organza Ribbon" which I have tied
into a bow. I do love bows on my layouts.
I have then tucked in varios Green Tara flowers including
a purple "Satin Rose", with the pearl centre & a white "Primula".


The two pink "Primula" flowers were actually white but I gave them
a light coat of Dylusions to colour them up to just the right shade
that I wanted & the great thing is that they accept the colour
really well.
All of my chipboard I have used here is from 2 Crafty Chipboard.



"The Magic of You"


This is a layout I did ages ago & I thought I would share here 
with you today because I have used lots of beautiful 
Green Tara blooms starting off with the gorgeous
olive green "Wild Rose". Just the perfect
centre piece to any flower cluster. I have also
use an ivory "Azelea".


I have tucked in some ivory "Cherry Blossoms", ivory "Roses"
& tucked in a few green "Velvet Leaves". 
 


Here you can see I have misted another  "Rose" green
to get just the right shade.

Well thats all for me for yet another month.
Stay tuned for some more Green Tara
inspiration.

Cheers Di  xo

REMEMBER OUR
 "Design Team Callout"

To see all the details,
click HERE.

7 comments:

  1. Three different and beautiful layouts....I love the muted tones of the first one with the beautiful photos of you...Great job with the Gelatos....I didn't find them quite so easy to manage. The green layout is glorious with that beautiful child so perfectly show cased..Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...such stunning creations Di!!! You are looking beautiful and I so love my gelatos too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just get better and better Di.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so beautiful, I can't really pick a favourite, but I really love the background on your "sweet girl" layout...it is truly spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Di, the green one is incredible! I love it so much!!

    ReplyDelete