Wednesday 16 May 2012

Layout, Card & Treat Box
By Vicky Alberto

"Home is Where the Heart Is"


I have been so busy this month but had to sneak some time to play with the new "For Mother" collection from Pion Design and fabulous Green Tara goodies I received. I was given a pink and white/cream themed design team "challenge pack" from Green Tara to work with (pink is my fave color to scrap - thank you Alison!) and combined everything with the Once Upon a Sketch challenge for April too - 
I just loved Nadia's sketch last month!


This is my daughter as a baby in our backyard wearing her favorite outfit at the time (I have a lot of pictures with her wearing this, LOL). Don't you just love the printed doily pattern on that paper? I enhanced it by using a Martha Stewart corner punch on the edge. The chipboard rose vine is from Dusty Attic.

Green Tara Products Used:

Cherry Blossoms Pale Pink
CODE: FLC22PP

10cm petals. White Pack
CODE: FDS023Wh

Heirloom 6.5cm Silk and Organza Flowers Dusky Pink 12pcs
CODE: XF9213DP

Daisies Pink
CODE: FDS027P

3.8cm White
CODE: L2862W

Loop n Tassel 10mm Pink Champagne
CODE: RB9694PC


"Life is Beautiful" Card
You can never have enough blank cards for all those unexpected occasions that seem to just pop up. Here I used the Meg's Garden "Forget Me Not" paper collection which includes some amazing vintage image elements sheets - this is a card maker's dream. Combined with a 4x12 paper strip from the collection, it is easy to pull together an elegant card. I added some gorgeous Green Tara cherry blossoms, twisted organza/pearl trim and tassel trim, plus a stamped title and a pull tag... to really polish things off.

"Treat Box"

I modified my own template from my gingerbread house box that I made for Christmas and came up with this cute little birdhouse box and the roof is actually a card! The box is made of one 12x12 sheet of paper from the brand new "Forget Me Not" collection from Meg's Garden.  Here I used Green Tara cherry blossoms, paper leaves, lace and trim. The bird was cut out of another paper from the collection and I watercolored it blue to match and added feathers. Thanks for taking a peek today. All of my tutorials are listed as quick links on the right side of my blog at http://simplypaperandcreativity.blogspot.ca

Thanks for taking the time to visit the blog today!
Vicky




4 comments:

  1. WOW Vicky, these are beautiful, so many products used too and the treat box is so cute ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Just beautiful Vicky, as always. Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really beautiful Vicky - I love the soft colours and especially your treatment of the doyley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicky, your creations are always beautiful..

    ReplyDelete