Sunday 9 December 2012

Three Mixed Media Layouts
by Marie-Josée Hamel


Hello, Green Tara fans!

I am really happy to feature today my latest mixed media layouts. 
 A few weeks ago, I fell in love with a new product, the Silks paints,
 which are made by Luminarte, and since then, I am using them
 on almost every project I create! I think they mix beautifully with all 
the Green Tara products, and thus, I am featuring three layouts
 combining both products today. I used my paints to alter
 my background, my flowers and my ribbons.

Mon amour:


For this layout, I decided to use contrasting colors,
 which are orange and teal. I love this color combination.
 I created  my background from scratch, using lots of mediums
 (acrylic paint, gel medium, gesso, Silks paints, etc.) on a chipboard. 
Then, I added a few layers of papers, as well as a
 Green Tara ribbon and Green Tara flowers.


I used the Cobweb ribbon in Teal as a backdrop for my flowers. 
I love how it blends in with the cluster.



Green Tara Products Used:
Apple Blossoms in Turquoise


All in purple:

Yes, this layout doesn't have a title. It doesn't happen often,
 but sometimes, I just cannot seem to find the right title,
 so I don't put any.

Unlike many scrappers, I LOVE purple and I use it often
 on my layouts. I was very happy to find quite a few purple flowers,
 ribbons and ornaments in the box I received from Green Tara.
 I decided to use them to create a monochromatic layout.


Did you notice that I used two different types of ribbon on this layout?
 The first one is pretty obvious: it is the dark purple one that I used 
under my flower cluster, the Self-adhesive flower garland in Lavender.
 As the name indicates, it used to be a lighter shade of purple, 
namely lavender. I decided to use a bit of Silks paints on it so
 that it matches the paint colors I used on my background.
 The name of the color is Snap Dragon.


As for the other ribbon, I used it to create two flowers. 
See that purple and fuschia flower on the right side?
 I used the Pleated Organza Ribbon in Plum to create it, 
and I put a brad in the middle to hold everything together.


Green Tara Products Used :

Rire:

Here's my third and last project for today, which I created for
 one of my design teams, Creative Scrappers. It is based
 on sketch #237. Once more,
 I used Silks paints to create my background.

 
As you can see, I have used lots of Green Tara flowers
 in orange and pink hues.



Green Tara Products Used:

Remember to stop by & visit us on FACEBOOK too,
that way you won't miss out on anything
that our creative team are doing.



13 comments:

  1. WOW! Your color work is amazing! I'm mesmerized! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I have had my eye on those paints...they are really amazing!! You have done such beautiful work here, my goodness!! Looks like a match made in heaven!! These color combos are out of this world!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These backgrounds looks FANTASTIC & thats an understatement. Love your understated clusters. Just beautiful. Amazing use of the Green Tara products. Love all three but the last one is my favourite.
    Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my these are all stunning you have a real knack for those paints love everything about these 3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous Marie! Amazing use of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning creations here, so fabulous are those colours, :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the bold colors are just amazing and all of the GT products are so so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pink & purple LO sure caught my attention! There's so much I like about it - the way the paint strokes extend out of the photo, the placement of the photo with your daughter looking across the page, all the white space with the intense clusters, the strong lines of ribbon giving definition to the LO, etc...!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you ladies! If you decide to splurge on these paints, do not forget to buy glossy gel medium as well, and apply it under the paints for better results.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work - those paints are pretty stunning

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cool!! Beautiful!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally stunning! Loving the vibrancy of those colours!

    ReplyDelete