Thursday 25 April 2013

Two Layouts and an Altered Frame
By Marie-Josée

"Smile" layout

Two weeks ago, I created a layout almost similar to the one below,
 but for another DT, without Green Tara flowers. After the fact, I realized 
that some Green Tara flowers I had in my stash would be perfect
 to recreate this layout in a different color! :) Here it is.



I created my background from scratch on a piece of 12 x 12 chipboard, 
using gesso, acrylic paint, medium gel, Silks acrylic glazes, and mists.
 I did not want to use any paper because I wanted to focus the
 attention on the flowers, the leaves and the bow and, 
of course, the picture.

I created this big cluster of leaves and flowers with Calla Lilies,
 Rosebuds, Mini Roses and Velvet Leaves.
 I changed the color of the Calla Lilies with a bit of red Glimmer Mist
 In case you wonder, the plastic leaves are from my own personal stash 
and were bought at a dollar store here, in Canada.

I also used a piece of green Wire Cord that I twisted around
 my picture and stapled to my chipboard.



Green Tara products used:


If you are curious, here is the original layout
 and then the  two side-by-side. 

I used a piece of Jute Ribbon in Olive on this layout, 
as well as the green Wire Cord.




 
Green Tara products used:

"Wonderful Beautiful Amazing" layout

Here's my second layout for this month. I created the background  
from scratch on a piece of 12" x 12" chipboard, using mists and water.


Once again, I used the beautiful wire cord as part of my flower cluster.
 I also used one of my favorite "techniques", which is to combine big
 and tiny flowers. I especially love the big Damask flower in lavender!
 I also cut my Flower Spray and added the tiny flowers to my cluster.

  
   Green Tara products used:

Altered frame
This is an altered frame that I created for another DT, using lots of 
mixed media techniques. I bought a textured frame at a dollar store
and altered it with gesso and acrylic paint. Then, I added lots of mediums:
 Glimmer Mist, Dylusions inks, Inka Gold paint, etc.
 I arranged my flowers and leaves in a cluster.


I also brushed a bit of white acrylic paint over my flowers
 to give them a weathered look.  



Green Tara products used:

9 comments:

  1. Wow...such stunning creations! Such beautiful layout...so striking and the background work is FAB!!Love that frame too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mercy: those backgrounds you created are so beautiful... I especially love the green and redish ones. I wish I could sit and work with you and learn. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness these are AMAZING!! Blimey girl, you are on fire!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, these are just simply stunning! Elegant and sophisticated and perfect! Love them, and the florals show up beautfully on your gorgeous backgrounds! Love the frame too!!!! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! WOW! WOW! these are all SIMPLY STUNNING....

    ReplyDelete
  6. One word S T U N N I N G. These are absolutely gorgeous. Fab backgrounds that make your photo & embellies really stand out. So striking. Love it. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second and 3rd everything already said, those backgrounds on the layouts are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning work MJ - those backgrounds are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very inspiring work!!! I love your style!!!xx

    ReplyDelete