Saturday 3 November 2012

"Us", "Love Life" and "Adore"
Layouts by Marie-Josée

Hello all! I am very happy to share with you my
first projects as a Green Tara designer.
. My name is Marie-Josée Hamel and I live in Canada.
 I am very excited to be  part of the Green Tara design team
 and I hope you will find my projects inspiring.
 As you will see in today's post, I am a big fan of white
 backgrounds and flower clusters.
You will find them on almost every layout.

Without further ado, here are my first Green Tara projects.

"Us" layout:


I really like to create monochromatic layouts with a touch of 
black and white. 
In this case, I did the opposite: I used mostly black and white
 ornaments with just a touch of color, hot pink. 
I love this touch of color, 
because it makes the yellow tones of my picture stand out.

I framed my circle with a black Green Tara "Bud N Bow" ribbon...


 I folded another piece of ribbon (the white one) to create a big bow. 
I prefer to fold those big ribbons than to tie them like we usually do, 
because it helps to lay them flat on layouts. I used twine to tie it
 and put a resin butterfly on top to hide the twine.


Green Tara supplies used:
 

"Love Life" layout:

Speaking of monochromatic layouts, here's a fall layout in yellow tones.


I love the big Damask organza flowers. Combined with
 smaller flowers, they create a perfect cluster!


 


"Adore" layout:

I submitted this layout for a color challenge on the
 ScrapFriends blog and used a few pink Green Tara flowers on it. 
 Have you noticed that I cut all the green leaves out of the flowers?
 This way, I was able to stay true to the colors of the palette.




Green Tara supplies used:
Pale pink roses
Pink daisies

I hope you have enjoyed my projects!


Remember to visit us on FACEBOOK too.

Marie-Josee

8 comments:

  1. Stunning layouts , great first post, I love white space but am guilty of over loading my pages lol. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look AMAZING Marie-Josee.... Love your monochromatic style & the white space!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, wow!!!!! These all three are oh so stunning, so perfect!! I love the fairly simple designs with so much impact, just gorgeous!! Beautiful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looove all these MJ & I have to agree with Linda, I love the white space but I just cannot do it myself!!! I'm the queen of "just a bit more" I don't know when to stop. I love all of these beautiful layouts & I have to say a fantastic first post too. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie these are STUNNING! Fast becoming a huge fan of your work - you are amazing girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These LO are just beautiful. You are very creative and talented. Looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your layouts! Your style is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layouts MJ - I love your colours and can't wait to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete