Monday 30 May 2011

"Butterflies & Blooms" Cards by Di Garling






Hello everyone. Today I thought I would share some cards with you that I made recently for a class at my shop. I have chose these fab Allison Ellis Mauve & Silver Foil papers & I have teamed them with lots of yummy Green Tara petals, flowers & leaves. I have also used a butterfly themed stamp set. To finish the look I have used Green Tara ribons & fibers as well as lots of Border Punches. I have inked most of the edges of the flowers with a mauve ink to carry the theme colour throughout. Next I have applied a coat of "Irredescent Medium" to all the flowers & leaves to give them some shimmer. Then I have applied some "Diamond Dust" to the edges of the Gardenias (they are the crinkley ones), this really adds some sparkle.
These cards are all relatively simple cards but by using such nice products that all blend well together, the look has greater impact. I hope these give you a few ideas for your cards. Until next time. Cheers Di

No comments:

Post a Comment